Friday, December 26, 2014

Josh Smith signs with Rockets, expected to play tonight


Houston Rockets signed former Detroit Pistons forward Josh Smith this morning (Friday) after waiving center Tariq Black. The Pistons waived Smith on Monday, less than two years into a four-year, $54 million contract. The Pistons acquired Smith as a free agent after the 2012-13 season. During 28 games with Pistons, Smith averaged 13.1 points and 7.2 rebounds.

"It's an exciting time for me," Smith spoke during an interview, "Being able to be reunited with a good friend and one of the best teammates I ever played with, I think we can definitely do something special. Playing beside the best two-guard in the game right now in James Harden, what more can you ask for." The 29-year-old will once again play with Dwight Howard, who is one of Smith's closest friends and a former AAU teammate. "I think I can add to their toughness," Smith said. "I think I can add to their versatility at the four position, being able to pass the basketball and score the ball down low. Just add another basketball IQ, which will help when we make it to the postseason."

Rockets is very likely to activate Smith to play against the Memphis Grizzlies tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment